Sunday, June 29, 2008

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies



I am trying to use whole wheat flour more and more so when I saw this recipe for Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip cookies over at Serious Eats, I was immediately on board.

Using whole wheat flour certainly didn't take anything away from the cookie. They were soft and chewy and disappeared from the cupboard just as quickly as any regular cookie.

The only thing I have changed from the original recipe is adding an extra cup of chocolate chips... I like my cookies chocolatey!

INGREDIENTS

3/4 c. unsalted butter
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 c. chocolate chips



DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla and eggs.

3. Whisk together flours, baking soda, and salt. Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture and then fold in chocolate chips.

4. Drop onto a greased or lined cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.


No comments: